What can I do to keep my relationship with God fresh, vital, and meaningful? Here are some ideas:
- Start with a sin check up. Is it possible in the midst of your busy life that confession of sin has been ignored? Time to stop & pray Psalm 139:23,24?
- Just do it! Has God been nudging you to take some specific action but you have been dragging your feet? Maybe the time has come to stop delaying and do exactly what He has been prodding you to do.
- Daily feeding. Have you been making time daily for God to speak into your life as you open His book? God wants to talk to you daily! Time to read a book of the Bible you’ve been ignoring?
- Balance check Sometimes through no fault of our own your life has become unbalanced. Time to back up, examine your schedule, and ask if some key discipline (such as worship, prayer/fasting, fellowship, evangelism etc ) has slipped through the cracks? Time for a major shake up in your daily routine?
- Silence Remove yourself, as much as possible, from the noise around you. Try not to speak, consecrate that time to God, and listen intently to Him. To my surprise on church retreats the hour after breakfast has been requested to be “silent time”. No talking! A time to give God our total attention.
- Process your Christian life. Recall in detail all that God has done for you…….which will certainly lead to praise and thanks!