The Bible tells not only of successes but also of failures by individuals and nations—failures that teach us lessons. We are to learn from the past. If I can tell you in a positive, constructive way about my own failures and mistakes, and thereby challenge you not to repeat them, it is a valid venture. If I can help just one other person avoid one of my pitfalls, then I rejoice.
If I could live my life again, I would seek to make the following changes:
1. I would stand more boldly upon my God-given calling and not be so fearful.
2. While my children were young, I would spend more time with them in worship, in spiritual disciplines, and in just enjoying life.
3. I would ask God for greater blessings and victories, claiming His mighty promises.
4. By God’s grace, I would turn more quickly from temptation and sin.
5. I would welcome trials and failures as menders of my character.
6. I would ask more of people under my leadership and not be so cautious with them.
7. I would be more single-minded in following a lifetime program of personal Bible study and Scripture memory.
8. I would develop a hobby earlier in life.